You cannot get more traditional than this Assamese Gamusa Design Mekhela Chadar from Ethnic Stripes. Infusing the true essence of Bihu in this traditional Red and White colour combination, this Staple Cotton handwoven mekhela chadar is a tribute to one of the rich heritages of Asaam – the Gamusa. Woven in striking Jaapi design, the entire body of the attire is beautifully encompassed with this traditional motif so dear to Assamese people all over the world. The aanchal border features Dohi Buta style which is Assam’s tasseled border design. A blouse piece also accompanies this product so that you can stitch it according to preference and complete your traditional look with élan. Create some fusion with chunky Assamese jewellery and turn the Bihu toli into your limelight!
Fabric: Staple Cotton
Mekhela: Unstitched 1 Piece
Chadar: Stitched 1 Piece
Blouse piece: Unstitched 1 blouse piece
- Hand wash separately in cold water while washing for the first time.
- Do not soak the cloth for too long.
- Use a mild detergent. Do not use bleach or scrub.
- Do not wring the material vigorously; instead, hang it and allow the excess water to drain off.
- Dry in a shaded area.
- Avoid washing cotton products with hot water.
- For silk products, avoid machine-wash. If you must, hand-wash with a mild detergent.
- Dry cleaning a silk product is highly recommended to retain original quality.
- Always dry a silk product in shade. Do not expose to excessive heat or sunlight for long duration.
Colour of product may slightly vary from picture due to image resolution. Blouse piece colour may differ from the image.